Thursday, August 5, 2010

Food Photography Workshop

I have so much to blog about, which also means I have so much going on right now that I don't even have time to blog about all of it. But for today I am so excited to share some photos from a food photography workshop that I attended last Saturday, taught by Quinn Curtis, owner of Limelight Food Photography.


“Utah“Utah“Utah

To see other attendee's work click on this link.

When I first started getting interested in food photography, naturally I sought out other food photographers, and especially any that lived in and were successful in Utah. I found Quinn online and started reading her blog. I heart her style and fresh approach. I started harassing her, via email, a few months ago about assisting her. I'm sure she gets that a lot and just hoped she would put me on her "to call for an assistant" list. When she posted that she would be teaching a series of food photography workshops I signed up for every single one that I could.

Last week she taught an awesome workshop, Natural Lighting Food Photography. I loved this workshop! It was such a nice and intimate setting at her house and the class size was perfect for us all to get some good shooting time and discussion. She had 5 breakfast/brunch items set up in different parts of her house, which allowed us to try different lighting situations. Breakfast just so happens to be my favorite meal and I didn't have to prepare any of the food. What more could I ask for? I learned so much at this workshop and am so excited for next week's Food Photography Color Theory and Food Styling Workshop.

Right after I left the workshop, I headed over to photograph my dear friend, Jared's baby, Lenna. She is so stinkin cute! I'll try to post pictures after I get back from Girl's Camp.

8 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, Meili! You are an awesome photographer! Now I'm hungry. Are you in the YW in your ward? What's your calling? Update your blog more because I want to know what's going on! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, April! I'll try to update a little more frequently just for you, my love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meili, you are AMAZING!!! I know I say it all the time, but you have such an Amazing talent! Granted it is with food....but I think you could make peas look good enough to eat, and I HATE peas! Have fun at camp this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Meili! I found your blog! You have amazing skills. Those pictures of that food makes me want to eat it all! I want to be like you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!
    Yay Julia Gulia! I am so glad you found me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am curious... do you eat the food after the photo shoot? Just looking at all the scrumptious food is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dani, Yes of course I eat it! why do you think I love photographing food so much.. hehehe
    but yeah we did get to sit around and sample everything and talk. it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are the pictures of Jared's baby? Girls camp is over and I want to see that Lenna Pearl. Oh and your food looks yummy. Get to work lady, stop slacking. I love bossing you around on here, cause you can't do any thing about it. haha

    ReplyDelete