Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mrs Anderson's 2nd grade class opera "The Lesson"














We have been so blessed to have an amazing teacher for Sydney this year. Every year she puts on a play for the school. This year she got a grant to do an opera that the class wrote about bullies. Sydney and her fellow football player and cheerleader friends were the bullies. I somehow volunteered to do the set and being the wonderful daughter that I am enrolled my mom to help. :) The students made all the cute flowers.

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I love all those pictures, especially the one of them singing with a dramatic look in their eyes. The picture of your mom painting takes me back to all the days I used to spend with you guys at your house. Sydney looks really cute. Good job Meili!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember: If you bully other kids then you will turn into a troll and then a candy bar. And someone will try to eat you. That's "the lesson". :)

    Great job on the sets, they were perfect. I'm sure they'll show up in many a Parkside production in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meili, you are so talented!!!! I am so impressed with the sets. Did you come up with the set ideas from scratch? They look so fun! wow, I am one lucky lady to have such a wonderfully talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Guys!

    April - I was so impressed with how into the acting the kids got. it was really cute.

    Yes, Jake! let that be a lesson to ya! the funny thing is the "bullies" were really being bullies, poking other kids and such before the show. it sort of fit... I'm sure they were just getting into character...

    Kristina - awe thanks. :) I found inspiration online. I am one lucky lady to have such a good friend! :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought was, "What an adorable set!" And THEN I saw that you made it. Of course you did, you are amazing! Looks like so much fun for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete