Friday, April 15, 2011

Hiking in Girdwood, Alaska


This was my most favorite part of my entire trip to Alaska (okay visiting the sister and her family was good too...) Hiking in the rain forest in Girdwood was so magical and beautiful, like being in a fairy tale. I know that sounds a little dramatic and corny but it really was the most beautiful and serene place. And the city of Girdwood was like a little village from a children's story book.

On the way down the mountain we pulled our car over to the side of the road and picked salmon berries in the rain. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.
In case you were wondering... salmon berries aren't really that great, not like raspberries. But picking them is! :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the color. Especially on the mushroom in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love that one too. Too bad my Holga camera couldn't focus on the mushroom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite part about living in Alaska was that all the forests looked like something in a dream. They were all covered in moss and had cool things growing (mushrooms) all over! I have liked looking at your Alaska pictures because it brings back such good memories! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I feel okay about the mushroom being out of focus. Fits with the fairy tale feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristina, That is exactly how I felt about Alaska! Magical... Thanks so much for looking at my pictures. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete